You can never get bored with the classic favorite mozzarella sticks. But, did you know there are many ways to jazz it up? It’s all about experimentation, but it’ll only take extra spices, herbs, or meat tidbits to make it more exciting. Find out how you can transform this cheesy treat.
Smothered In Sauce
The creamy flavor of cheese plus the tangy taste of condiments is a combination you didn’t know you needed. To make this recipe, do these steps:
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine 8 oz. of cream cheese, 2 cups of cooked and shredded meat, 1/2 of cup buffalo sauce, 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and cheddar, and 1 oz. of dry ranch dressing. Mix them with a fork until smooth and evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking dish and smooth with a spatula. Freeze it until it’s solid.
- Remove it from the sheet and slice 4×1-inch rectangles. Bread each stick in flour, then dredge in beaten eggs before dipping it in bread crumbs.
- Fry the goodies for 30 seconds until they’re golden brown.
Stuffed With Jalapenos
Lose yourself in this recipe that’s crispy on the outside, soft and molten on the inside. To put a spicy spin on your favorite comfort food, follow these instructions:
- Combine 1 cup of panko, 1/4 tsp. ofsalt, and 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder in a bowl.
- Cut the peppers into2 parts and set them aside. Then, slice the mozzarella into rectangles.
- Place 1 strip ofcheese inside a chili, then roll together in a wonton wrapper. Dip it into the egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat this procedure with the remaining pieces.
- Fry them until they turn brown.
Wrapped in Bacon
This recipe is a food lover’s dream come true. It’s gooey and stretchy melted cheese covered in pork! Surely, this is a delight that’ll please anyone. To prepare this, you’ll need ready-made mozzarella sticks.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Carefullywrap each stick with a strip of bacon. When you reach the end of the meat, tuck its end into one of the folds to keep it from deconstructing. Repeat this step until the slice is completely covered.
- Cook the goodies in the oven at 425°F for 6 to 10 minutes.
These are just some simple recipes that you can do to put an unexpected spin to this cheesy treat. To make things easier, you can buy mozzarella sticks online and try variants that tickle your fancy!