Every Bay-area homeowner needs to be aware that, sooner or later, you will need the services of a plumber. When an emergency situation arises, you want to solve the problem quickly and efficiently. When you consider all the ways water enters the home–water heaters, washing machines, toilets, bathtubs and showers, kitchen sinks, ice makers in the refrigerator–you quickly grasp the need to seek out a qualified plumber before you actually need one. A little bit of advance work can save you a lot of headaches in the long run. It’s crucial that you know which plumber to call beforehand by doing some legwork before the dilemma arises. Here are a few things to keep in mind when searching for plumbers in South San Francisco and the rest of the Bay area:
Things to Consider
- You definitely need to use a plumber who offers emergency services on a 24/7 basis as standard.
- Use a plumber who’s part of a national chain, if possible, because they offer training for their franchisees and discounts on parts, but use one who has local expertise. Check the number of years the owner has been in business.
- Go with a company who is courteous and efficient, with a staff of professional, certified, plumbers who are current on the latest technology.
- Look for a company who can offer a wide range of services, from installation to maintenance.
- Check their licenses to make certain they are compliant with local codes. You also want a company that is properly licensed, bonded, and insured, for the safety of both the company and your family.
In addition to the above checklist, you want to talk to your neighbors and get recommendations from them. Check out the company’s website, and read the testimonials from customers on both the company site as well as other non-biased sites. Make certain they’re a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and other professional organizations, such as the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB). You want to do business with a company who will only do what you authorize and who will recommend only what is necessary without trying to sell you more than what you need. Also, you want to use a plumber who is respectful of the environment. These are all considerations to keep in mind when selecting plumbers in South San Francisco.