Foodborne illnesses can be caused due to bacteria, parasites, viruses, and other pathogens. They contaminate improperly prepared or raw food, which leads to food poisoning. In several cases, foodborne illness causes permanent health issues or death. It can be associated with a specific product or distributor, who may be held responsible for the cause. Victims can contact foodborne illnesses attorney and talk about their legal rights.
Significant foodborne illnesses
- Hemorrhagic colitis
- Perfrigens poisoning
- Foodborne botulism
- Novovirus gastroenteritis
- Acute viral hepatitis A
Some diseases are infectious and can be treated using antibiotic, but the effectiveness differs. There are several food poisoning bacteria, which get contradicted with antibiotics. These viral infections need proper immunization because only Hepatitis A has a vaccine for treatment.
Food poisoning episodes get resolved in a week without health issues but among certain categories of people foodborne illnesses are regarded as highly risky.
- Infants and young
- Elderly over 65 years
- Pregnant women
- Cancer patients going radiation treatments
- People with compromised or weakened immune system
- HIV positive folks
- People suffering from chronic conditions like kidney failure, liver disease, and diabetes
- People with red blood cell disorders
- Individuals taking steroid, antibiotics, and antihistamine medications
- Transplant recipients
In the US, CDC has estimated food poisoning death rate to be yearly 3,000. The most concerning and commonly cited foodborne illnesses medical conditions are –
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Reiters Syndrome
- Post-infectious IBS [Irritable Bowel Syndrome]
Many lawyers are skilled in litigation of cases that involve adulterated food, food poisoning, allergic food reaction, and foreign object injury. You can get compensation for damages and medical expenses from liable party.
Hire experienced personal injury lawyer
Document all the details relevant to your food poisoning along with medical care information. Notify the food retailer manager. This proof is essential to prove a link between food borne illness source and your contradiction of disease.
Claim process cannot be easy because it is extremely hard to substantiate the existence of food borne pathogen as well as the source of bacteria or virus. You will need a scientist to test food samples, if necessary. Make sure to hire an experienced personal injury attorney, who will handle your case, wisely.
Responsibility of personal injury lawyer
The lawyer will start building a solid case, which proves that –
- The food was unhygienic and contaminated by bacteria or some other kind of pathogen.
- Food contamination caused your illness and related losses in the form of pain, loss wages, or medical bills.
- The contamination is associated directly with growers, suppliers, retailers or distributors actions.
The personal injury lawyer is liable to help you get full value for physical, mental, and financial harm their client has suffered from. They have experience and resources needed to thoroughly investigate foodborne bacteria, which was responsible for wrongful death or medical conditions.