Vegetarian people find it hard to enjoy low carb diet because most of their options include high carb option. However, there are some good keto recipe options for vegetarians. You need to take more care of some details regarding specific recipes or substitute meats for vegetarian low carb option.
Some vegetarian keto recipes, which even non-vegetarians can enjoy.
Garlic parmesan sautéed eggplant
Eggplant may not be an appealing vegetable to eat but when garlic flavor gets added, you will find it more pleasing. Add parmesan on top and enjoy. You will certainly try this recipe more frequently.
Calories: 271.0 kcal
Net Carbs: 6.0g
- Slice medium sized eggplant into 1/3” thick slices. Arrange them in single layer and sprinkle salt on it. Allow them to sit for half an hour.
- Use paper towel to blot eggplant dry
- Whisk one large egg in shallow bowl
- In large bowl, whisk 1 cup of Parmesan and almond flour, salt & pepper [as necessary], and ½ tsp garlic powder
- Heat a large skillet and put 1 or 2 tbsp oil or butter
- Dip eggplant slice in the egg and shake it to remove the excess then dredge it in the large bowl mixture and shake away the excess
- Arrange every slick in this way on the skillet and allow it to be cooked on medium flame.
- When the coating turns brown and crisp on both sides, remove, and allow them to drain on plate lined with paper towels.
- You may need to do three to four batches depending on skillet size.
Vegetarian burger is a good option for satisfying the craving for normal burger.
Calories: 637 kcal
Net Carbs: 8.7g
- Marinate 2 medium sized flat mushroom using salt, pepper, 1 clove crushed garlic, 2 tbsp fresh oregano & basil chopped and ½ tbsp melted ghee. Keep it for an hour.
- Mushroom needs to be grilled for 5 minutes on regular or hot griddle pan. Flip it and allow it to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the mushroom to cool and then on top side place cheese slices. Before serving place them under broiler for some minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Fry eggs with ½ tbsp melted ghee. Cook eggs until white is opaque and yolk still runny. Take it off the heat.
- Cut keto buns in half and cook each half on hot griddle pan until crispy.
- Assemble the burger adding mayonnaise on keto bun halves first then fried eggs, top it with marinated and grilled mushrooms followed by tomato slices and lettuce.
Cheesy green bean casserole
Green beans are good but when you see the casserole served at the keto meal services in Pasadena, you view about regular green beans will change. Dieters in Pasadena need to visit ketomealdelivery.
Calories: 300.0 kcal
Net Carbs: 5.0g
- Slice one medium onion and 4 stalks celery thinly
- Sautee, 8 oz. sliced mushrooms, onion, and celery over medium heat using olive oil, or butter until translucent
- Dice 8 oz of Cheddar cheese and 8 oz of Monterey Jack cheese finely
- Drain 4 cans of French cut green beans and transfer them into an oiled casserole dish
- Now add sautéed vegetables, 1 cup heavy cream, and ½ cup mayo. Stir them
- Add cheese to the casserole
- Add pepper and salt to taste
- Cook this casserole for 35 minutes at 350°
You get lots of yummy vegetarian keto diet options online, which can help to follow your diet strictly.