Fashion Photography is a very lucrative area in the photography sector. Hundreds of photos can be seen every day of men and women showcasing clothes, accessories, and footwear. Fashion world is fast-paced and the photography concentrates on beautiful locations, portraiture posing and extensive lighting.
As days pass, this genre is also changing and evolving because several photographers discover their own style, aesthetics and a suitable Photo Editing Software. You can choose between catalogue fashion photography, which inclines towards creating information or awareness spreading images.
Editorial fashion photography, which keeps an eye on the model and their styling is the whole shebang. High fashion photography concentrates on a single powerful image, where wardrobe is fantasy-esque. This is where considerable amount of cash gets spent.
Fashion photographers are known by their style and their Photo Editing Software. A successful fashion photography shoot can be done with just one camera, one lens, one model, and one light. It helps to imply the time-consuming arena of fashion photography.
You will depend on the equipment and the real-time work environment forcing you to be on your feet and identify the difference. You can create your personal style and perception even in the lightroom.
Post processing fashion photography
Fotowork XL is one of the best user-friendly photo editing software because of multiple reasons
- It uses library system, so imported photographs get stored.
- You can create a separate file with keywords, which makes finding images easily and quickly.
- In-built plug-ins can help you develop photo editing capabilities.
- Any type of adjustments can be synched with multiple images helping you adjust hundreds of photographs from same shoot very quickly.
Download link here – http://www.fotoworks.org/
Fashion photography retouching tips
Minutely monitor for distractions while using photo editing software
Minutely monitor means check for distraction that impacts the overall effect. It means you need to tilt-your head, squint your eyes, and zoom the image in & out to see what details are making noise.
- Is it the sparkling white spot in the background?
- Is there dirt from lens appearing on the short of the model?
- Is extra hair flying across her lips?
- Is there some odd green hue arising off her arm, when zoomed at 200%?
Learn to identify the distraction is the first retouching step. Removing them with photo editing software will enhance your image a lot. Remember to constantly zoom in & out because being too close or too far from image for long can begin to obstruct your eye and perception.
Layer set up steps
Never use automated photo editing software tools like skin softeners because they make use of algorithms, which blur pixels. Consequently, the texture and sharpness of images get taken away.
Texture of clothing and skin are very crucial to make your model stand out on prints. The printer reads 300 dots/inch instead of 300 of same blurred spot/inch. Below is some workflow structure, which you need to get familiar so as to complete image in shortest possible time.
- Original layer
- The healing layer includes pimples, blemishes, hair fly-away, background spots, etc.
- The dodge & burn layer
- Liquefy layer is the last layer because all efforts made beforehand gets saved without distorting image
- Color correction with Smart Objects
Thus with 4 layers and color adjustment, you can conclude your retouching perfectly with photo editing software.
Understand the combination of color and real people
When you do color-correction try keeping the skin tone natural. In case you see red then use the hue/sat tool to remove but in small amount like remove 3% red and not 22% directly. Mix & match to find exact balance within the Photo Editing Software.